1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 6:52 AM by kevin_intel

NUC DE3815TYBE XP

Cruickers

Hello.

Now I know what youre all thinking.... XP... whats that?

This liitle NUC lablled in some spots as a TYKE and internally as a TYBE is doing my head in.

It works perfectly well on Windows7

But, I have a need to install XP, even though it does not support XP in its supported drivers.

All goes well, even with the Windows XP hologram install disk in a USB caddy.

It sees the SATA hard drive and formats and then copies files to it.

It is installing onto a a 64GB SSD, but the same result happens on a Platter drive.

The SATA mode tried in both AHCI and IDE mode... same result after a bios upgrade.

At the point of normal reboot and startup to continue the rest of the install, it fails with the following BSOD.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0x..........., 0x............., 0x..............., 0x..............)

acpi.sys - address F73B8D66 base at F73AD000, DateStamp 41107d27

XP drivers not available I can accept the following...

I am not expecting the screen to work beyond VGA

I dont need sound

I can get around the Ethernet issue.

USB3 to only work at usb2 speed or not at all is OK.

But why cant I install XP.

I even tried F5 and chose a standard HAL

Anyone out there trying to achieve this?

I am trying to replace an old PC with ISA slot, Yes even older than XP.

I have found a ISA Bus slot to USB adapter, so the PC side can be very low spec, just XP 32bit.

I thought this NUC would be perfect, but its not looking like this.

Regards

A Cruickers

• 1. Re: NUC DE3815TYBE XP
          kevin_intel

Hi Cruickers,

I am sorry you are having this trouble but let me help you.

As you mentioned, the supported Operating Systems are Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 only. This is a very new product and you may encounter problems during the installation of a non supported Operating System but you can also try another XP image.

Something you can also try is installing one of the supported Operating System and then install a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Here you can get more information about this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Kevin M