This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Hi ullert, it is unusual to get such a low clock speed; here are my recommendations:
- Reset BIOS settings to default. Disabling Intel® SpeedStep™ will also disable Intel® Turbo Boost.
- Update the BIOS.
- Verify the fan and heatsink integration and observe for proper thermal readings. Replace the thermal compound if needed.
- Get a clock speed reading from BIOS. Third party programs may give incorrect readings.
- Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm
- If the issue does not occur as soon as you complete a fresh installation of the operating system it may be caused by software or settings somehow.
- Test the processor in a different motherboard if possible.