Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I keep getting the blue screen of death. Please help me!

BOrde
Beginner

This past weekend windows updater forced me to upgrade to 8.1. After the download i have been unable to play any of my favorite games due to the dreaded blue screen of death. I did a windows checkup and found that my problem was with my Graphics card. I did not have the drivers installed correctly.

As i continued to work i was able to find the most current drivers for my graphics card but when i tried to install it i kept getting the same error message.

Please. If anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Raiia, I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with this system.

I would like to know more information about your issue and it will be necessary to get your system information, so please reply back to me with this info:

Model of computer:

Intel Graphics:

Processor:

Video card:

Intel Graphics driver you tried to install

0 Kudos
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

If you have driver with customized INF from OEM, the setup.exe you get for driver update from Intel.com will refuse to overwrite with the message you saw above.

However, you can download the corresponding zip file, then use the "have disk" instructions - Sylvia or others can point you to the instructions.

0 Kudos