Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Display Driver stopped and has recovered

MHens2
Novice

Hello!

I am having an issue with my display driver. I play various games with no issues, but when I play Arma 3, I get a message that the display driver has stopped responding and has recovered anywhere from a few minutes in to an hour into the game. The other games are fine with no issues. I have Intel HD4000 video card installed and it's a laptop so upgrading, changing it is not a viable option.

What could the issue be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MHens2
Novice

So I downgraded the video card driver to a version from January 2013. Played for a couple hours and didn't have an issue. The previous driver was from October 2013. I'll update after it goes for a few days and see what happens.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MHens2
Novice

So I downgraded the video card driver to a version from January 2013. Played for a couple hours and didn't have an issue. The previous driver was from October 2013. I'll update after it goes for a few days and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I'm glad it's working now. Please let us know if you need assistance in the future

Allan.

0 Kudos
MHens2
Novice

Everytime the pc updates it updates the driver back to 10/2013.. If I don't notice it, I start overheating and stuff starts shutting down. If I downgrade the driver back to January 2013's version it is fine with no overheating... Is there something I need to do so it doesn't over heat?

0 Kudos