1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 9:56 AM by kevin_intel

Intel dz77ga, won't post, code 53

Fragglehaggle

I tried installing new fans and a sound card. Upon restart, when I dld drivers, I went into bios and set my chassis fans to 60 and 65% to check noise levels. Saved my settings aaaaaand boom nothing. It goes to code, 16, 21, then bloops and gives me code 53. No video and no power to usb's. I can't figure out what code 53 in the manual either. For safety I've checked my ram, unplugged the fans, and the soundcard. Still nothing.

• 1. Re: Intel dz77ga, won't post, code 53
          kevin_intel

Hello Fragglehaggle,

Let me help you with this.

There are some troubleshooting steps I would like you to try:

1. Take the motherboard out of the chassis if possible to a non conducted surface like Wood or glass.
          2. Disconnect all components from the motherboard including power supply, memory, HDD, the BIOS jumper and Battery for about 20 -30 minutes.
          3. Reconnect the system to test minimum configuration. This is just one RAM memory stick, 1 HDD, battery, jumper. Do not connect Audio or video cards.
          4. Turn the system and test it.
          5. If issue persists, try accessing the BIOS and reset all settings to default:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034309.htm

Based on the description this sounds like grounding issue but try the steps above and let me know how it goes.

Kevin M