1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 1:58 PM by LarryWoller

I have a cpu issue

LarryWoller

Hello,

I have a issue with the CPU running (believe it is the cooling fan) when downloading or opening certain websites and it very loud..I have opened some of these sites ( they have a high volume of graphics, like Xfinity, etc) before and not had the issue, it has just started recently.. will not do it when using sites like YouTube.... on some of the sites it will stop after a short while, on other sites it will run till I exit the site.. does the same when running a virus scan.. I have cleaned, used more than one browser, checked firewalls, have been using updated Norton and now AVG, and nothing seems to stop the running when opening sites of this nature..  according to the PC, I have 1.25 GB free of 1.48GB available....perhaps because of it's age..

I have a Dell Vostro 200 with a Intel (R) Core 2 Duo CPU e4500@2.20GHZ, installed memory 2.00GB, 32-bit with Windows 7 Home Premium...ordered on March 29, 2009..

Would appreciate any assistance on the matter..

Larry Woller

• 1. Re: I have a cpu issue
          LarryWoller

I would like to add that I did download the Intel Processor Diagnostics tool and it ran a test and all that it checked passed...also once yesterday, 9-9-2014, the screen suddenly went blue, with text, and the computer crashed itself to prevent damage, did come back on.. perhaps it is a Windows issue and not the CPU??..

Larry Woller