My NUC's Configuration:
memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GRSL
hard drive: Western Digital Scorpio Black WD7500BPKT 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Notebook Hard Drive Bare Drive
No msata SSD/wifi.
I struggled more than 2 weeks to install Win7. Could you help me to figure out if it is a defect NUC?
Here is the step of testing memory by memtest86:
1. At the beginning, I got errors with 2 memory modules on both slots.
2. Then I tested each individual module on the bottom slot. Pass without errors.
3. Since, both module are good. I tested them together on both slot. Pass without errors.
4. After there memory tests, I used a bootable USB created by UltraISO to install Win7. But it is interrupted during the step of copying files to hard drive(error code: 0x80070570).
5. Then I reboot the NUC and check memory again. This time, errors were found by memtest86.
6. In the following Win 7 installations, I got the following error every time
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt
I can reproduce this issue consistently. And the BIOS is updated to the latest one.
Is this a NUC's problem or memory modules? Should I return the NUC?