Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Flash player issue with i3-4160 HD4400 Graphics

MScot8
Beginner

Currently experiencing an issue with flash player on the I3-4160 with it's HD4400 Chipset, browsing for example to YouTube causes a playback issue that plays 1-2 seconds of video before looping and ultimately crashing the video player. Updated graphics driver to 10.18.10.3907 as well as updating flash and shockwave on the system, The web browser effected is IE 11.

Steps already taken.

Active X enabled and disabled. (Enabling this fixes the issue with the video but isn't an acceptable long term fix as programs used require this)

Disable the "Shockwave Flash object" (Clears the issue but again this is required for flash based applications on the network, so isn't an acceptable long term fix)

Updated Intel Drivers. Currently running 10.18.10.3621 but have also used 10.18.10.3907, neither driver fixes the issue.

Reinstalled Flash and Shockwave, No effect issue still present.

Flash and shockwave settings changed trying each setting. Example, Shockwave player -always use hardware-open GL, Direct X 5 etc

Video will play using HTML 5 player, but flash is required on the network.

Any advise will be welcomed.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Martin

What operating system are you using?

Thank

Robert

0 Kudos
MScot8
Beginner
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Martin

Could you please provide the following information.

Are all Windows Updates installed on your system?

What is the video player you are using?

Is there a video you could point us to that exposes the issue you are seeing?

Can you provide details steps to reproduce this issue?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MScot8
Beginner

Hello Robert,

All windows updates are installed, Video player being used is Adobe flash player version 14.0.0145, The HTML5 version works fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UowkIRSDHfs Run Walter, RUN!! - YouTube is the video I've been testing against but the issue isn't video specific.

steps to produce the issue would be using a system with an I3-4160 with the updated drivers for this, in combination with IE 11 and Flash and Shockwave fully updated.

Shockwave Flash Object being enabled causes the issue, once disabled issue subsides.

Enabling ActiveX filtering while the "Shockwave Flash Object" is on disables the issue.

but again this temporary fixes I'm not allowed to deploy because the affect other program.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Martin

Just ran the video you linked on a HD 4600 system with Win 8.1 and IE 11 with and all other updates. The video play fine. Continuing to investigate.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MScot8
Beginner

Hi Robert,

While I appreciate the test, The issue I have is only on the HD4400 running on windows 7. Windows 8 I believe uses a different driver version from what I remember. I Have used to Intel CPU at work that both uses the HD4400 Graphics solution and only the I3-4160 shows the issue the I3-4130 does not have the issue, even though the driver version is the same.

0 Kudos
NReli
Beginner

I've got similar problems with i5-4200U/HD4400 and Adobe Flash Player on Windows 8.1 x64. When I open any link from youtube or try to click on any flash element on other site, plugin just crushes. I've used Opera, Chrome, Firefox, IE. Same problem absolutely.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Please make sure you have the latest graphics driver installed. Here it can be downloaded:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3720 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3720

If you find problems during the installation, try these steps:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

Make sure you have all plugins are up to date and if possible run Windows updates.

Kevin M

0 Kudos