3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 7:54 AM by kevin_intel

cant update bios on intel dz77ga 70k

tesan07

My mbo has unsuported bios so i  cant update bios from download center.I have tried all flash methods with no sucess.Number of mbo bios is gaz7710h.86a.3000.r09.1203090931.On download center all bios start with number gaz7711h......and mine gaz7710h.....Any help would be nice?

• 1. Re: cant update bios on intel dz77ga 70k
          kevin_intel

Hi tesan07,

I am sorry you are having this problem but let me help you.

Try these steps:

1. Clear the CMOS on the motherboard. The following information are different steps you can use to do it:

Clear the CMOS using the "Factory Defaults" option from within the BIOS:

The easiest way to clear the CMOS is to restore the factory defaults from within the BIOS.

1. Access the BIOS on Intel(R) Desktop Boards by pressing the "F2" key when booting up.
          2. Press "F9" to be prompted to "Reset BIOS Settings".

Clear the CMOS using the motherboard jumper:

This option involves opening the system and moving a jumper on the motherboard.

1. Power off the system.
          2. Open the system up so you can see the motherboard.
          3. Locate the yellow or orange jumper usually located near the BIOS chip or near the CMOS batter. (Refer to the Technical Product Specification for the board to details.)
          4. The jumper should be set on jumpers 1-2. Move the jumper to the 2-3 position.
          5. Power on the system and enter the BIOS to reset to the factory defaults, following the steps above.
          6. After resetting the defaults, power off the system and return the jumper to the 1-2 position.

Clear the CMOS by reseating the CMOS Battery:

This option involves opening the system and accessing the CMOS battery on the motherboard.

1. Power off your system and unplug the power source from the power outlet.
          2. Open the system up so you can see the motherboard.
          3. Locate the CMOS battery. (Refer to the Technical Product Specification for the board to details.)
          4. Remove the CMOS battery carefully and leave it out for 15-20 minutes.
          5. Reseat the CMOS battery and power on the system.

1. After doing the above, try again with the Recovery Method using the F7

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-030144.htm

If issue persists, I would recommend you contacting your local support in case a replacement is needed. Here you have the contact information:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Kevin M

• 2. Re: cant update bios on intel dz77ga 70k
            tesan07

Thanks for help.It seems that my bios is default.I have tried clearing cmos but nothing.

• 3. Re: cant update bios on intel dz77ga 70k
              kevin_intel

I understand. In this case I would recommend you contacting your local support or visit this:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Kevin M