Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Can't find the new driver for Intel HD4000

idata
Employee

I just saw that the 4th generation processors just got a new driver(released on august 29 2014 as it says) but its unavailable for the 3rd generation processors "WITH INTEL HD 4000".why the new driver is not available for the 3rd gen with the HD 4000?is the 3rd gen on the brink of EOL? a swift reply is much appreciated.

Regards'

Hary

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Hary, thanks for posting your inquire at Intel communities.

I don't have an official statement that the 3rd Generation processors are going to become EOL, however we continued to move forward to keep working with newer generation.

This new graphics driver for 4th Generation processors came out because it included some improvements on this graphics family. You would be able to get more information at the following link

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24245/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15_36_3907.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24245/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15_36_3907.pdf

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

okay,i appreciate that Sylvia.But i have one more doubt.i checked out some of the topics of people who were not able to install their driver for the hd 4000,they were given the links of the latest driver which is the "3907". So does that mean that driver(which is released now) can be installed on the HD 4000.if yes please provide a link.would be glad if i get assisted with this question.

Thanks,

Hary

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hary Thanks for the information.

By any chance you can send me those links where the graphics driver 3907 was given to users with HD4000?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure here's the link in this topic i asked wether this driver was for the hd 4000,and finally Mr.Kevin M corrected himself and pointed out that the driver he provided was for Haswell products only.

Here's the second link in this link Mr.Robert unfortunately forgot to mention that the driver link he provided was only for Haswell products.

P.S. Do you have any idea when a driver for the hd 4000 driver will be released,Mrs.Sylvia?

Regards,

Hary

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hary, thanks for the information.

As Kevin mentioned in the other post, there is no ETA for a driver release, however I already asked.

0 Kudos