1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 7:43 AM by kevin_intel

I think I trashed my DH77EB motherboard after trying to update BIOS

agnans

I was trying to updated the BIOS for my DH77EB via windows .exe and it restarted the computer and started doing this weird restarting where it turns off and on, very quickly and never stoped, then I removed the jumpers to try and flash via CD rom but no luck. Is it possible that I lost my motherboard?

• 1. Re: I think I trashed my DH77EB motherboard after trying to update BIOS
          kevin_intel

Hi agnans,

I am sorry for your trouble but let me take a look on this and help you finding the solution.

Based on the information you provided it seems that the update may have caused a problem on your unit but there are a couple of steps you can try:

1. Clear the CMOS on the motherboard. The following information are the different steps you can use to do it:

Clear the CMOS using the "Factory Defaults" option from within the BIOS:

The easiest way to clear the CMOS is to restore the factory defaults from within the BIOS.

1. Access the BIOS on Intel(R) Desktop Boards by pressing the "F2" key when booting up.
          2. Press "F9" to be prompted to "Reset BIOS Settings".

Clear the CMOS using the motherboard jumper:

This option involves opening the system and moving a jumper on the motherboard.

1. Power off the system.
          2. Open the system up so you can see the motherboard.
          3. Locate the yellow or orange jumper usually located near the BIOS chip or near the CMOS batter. (Refer to the Technical Product Specification for the board to details.)
          4. The jumper should be set on jumpers 1-2. Move the jumper to the 2-3 position.
          5. Power on the system and enter the BIOS to reset to the factory defaults, following the steps above.
          6. After resetting the defaults, power off the system and return the jumper to the 1-2 position.

Clear the CMOS by reseating the CMOS Battery:

This option involves opening the system and accessing the CMOS battery on the motherboard.

1. Power off your system and unplug the power source from the power outlet.
          2. Open the system up so you can see the motherboard.
          3. Locate the CMOS battery. (Refer to the Technical Product Specification for the board to details.)
          4. Remove the CMOS battery carefully and leave it out for 15-20 minutes.
          5. Reseat the CMOS battery and power on the system.

1. Do a recovery BIOS process using the F7 method. Here are the instructions:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-030144.htm

If issue persists, I would recommend you contacting your local support in case a replacement is needed. Here you have the contact information:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Kevin M