Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Dual Band 7260 AC adapter issues

MBona2
Beginner

Ok, here is my problem. Since yesterday's update to my drivers, I have notice that when waking from sleep mode, the drivers break and I cannot see any SSID's. This is different behavior from the last time I updated, but I notice that the problem revolves around sleep mode. Fortunately, all I need to do is to go into Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Intel blah blah > properties. Then I just toggle the driver by disabling it and re-enabling it. So, I think the issue has something to do with sleep mode and waking up the drivers. Is anyone seeing the same problem? Is there a fix? I am running Win7.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BB4
New Contributor II

And this one, /thread/54573 https://communities.intel.com/thread/54573, even longer, may also.

0 Kudos
MBona2
Beginner

I am running Windows 7 with the 17.1.0.19 driver version, and those work-arounds are for Windows 8 machines. I don't have those options in my power settings. I also tried disabling U-APSD support but that did not solve any "wake up" issues. Same problem persists. Drivers break when you wake up from sleep mode. Toggling the driver restarts the process.

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Read that second link again. I wrote it. It's about Windows 7 and exactly the problem you're having.

0 Kudos
MBona2
Beginner

So your suggestion is to roll back the driver to when it worked?

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Of course. I wrote in detail about my setup and driver 16.6.0.8.

Uninstall ProSet. Delete the adapter AND the driver. Reinstall the adapter with the 16 driver set that I linked.

0 Kudos