1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2014 1:01 PM by joe_intel

Intel USB 3.0 extensible usb controller driver for Windows 8.1

wvcadle

Hello.  I bought an HP Envy X360 which has 2 USB 3.0 ports on it.  I also bought a Seagate STDR2000100 USB 3.0 portable hard drive.

I'm only getting about 30 MB/s transfer speed.  After reading many forum threads about this, I was advised to update my Intel USB 3.0 host controller drivers.

The problem is that I cannot find them anywhere.  Can someone point me to the driver so I can see if I already have the latest one or if there is a newer one I can update?

Could this be the problem with the transfer speeds?

• 1. Re: Intel USB 3.0 extensible usb controller driver for Windows 8.1
          joe_intel

Hello wvcadle, thank you for sharing your question in Intel Communities.

In Windows* 8.1 the USB 3.0 driver is already included with the operating system. Just in case, make sure you have all Windows* Updates installed.

I recommend checking with another USB 3.0 if possible, just to see if the same issue occurs; that way you can narrow the cause of the issue to a single device.

You may also contact the system manufacturer for further assistance, you may verify with them if there is an option in BIOS to allow those ports to function as USB 2.0 or 3.0, similar as the one described here.