3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 2:28 AM by fanformusik

DN2820FYKH : No resume from power down - ACPI error

fanformusik

I use my 2820FYKH as a stand alone Media Centre + PVR, using "DVBviewer" as Media Centre software. When I schedule a TV recording, the software sends the computer to hibernation and configures it to automatically resume 5 minutes ahead of the recording time. DVBviewer is using Windows' Task Scheduler to perform the necessary operations.

Initiating hibernation works as expected, but the NUC never resumes from there. I have to manually press the ON button to start resuming. (the same happens if "standby" is used instead of "hibernation").

This makes it useless for scheduled recording.

From earlier installations on different computers I know that DVBviewer works flawlessly, so I checked Windows' Event Viewer and found error messages which (from event time) may correspond to the above:

"ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x4), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

"ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x10), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

"ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x12), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

Is there any advice how to get the resume working?

Thank you very much for assistance.

DN2820FYKH:

BIOS 0038, settings: default + boot="Windows7" + Graphics="512MB"

SSD Crucial M500, 120GB

RAM 4GB

Windows 7HP (64bit) SP1, installed in "legacy" mode

hybrid sleep mode deactivated, hibernation mode enabled,

DVBviewer 5.3