Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Windows did not find any fixed disk that can be used to recreate volumes present in backup

BSmit29
Beginner

My computer is unable to boot up after spilling a drink on the keyboard. i have taken the keyboard off and used compressed air to completely dry it (and a fan overnight). But it still won't boot up. I tried to do a system image recovery (I have the repair disk and image disks), but it keeps failing. I am able to see the image on my repair disk so i select it. Then, if I select "exclude disks", there is nothing displayed. So, I select "next" and see the image that it shows my computer will be restored to. I select "finish" and then "yes" and I get this error "Error details: Windows did not find any fixed disk that can be used to recreate volumes present in backup. Ensure disks are online and disk drivers are installed to access the disk(s). diskpart.exe tool with list disks command can be used to see the list of available fixed disks on the system". My computer is an Asus K50I with Intel164 family6 model 23 stepping 10 genuineintel, level 6, revision 170a. When I use diskpart and then "list disk", it shows "there are no fixed disks to show". A buddy of mine thinks it has something to do with SATA drivers (I'm not sure what those are), but couldn't get the ones he was looking for (and he wsan't sure that was what the problem was). Can someone help and let me know what I need to do to get this thing to boot up? BTW -- I am using windows 7 - 64 bit. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Intel communities.

I understand your computer does not boot after spilling some liquid on the computer.

I do not think this an issue with SATA drivers since the computer is able to detect hard drive.

You may try to run windows repair tool from the installation menu or re-install the operating system from scratch. Hopefully, this would be software problem and not hardware issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos