I posted a video demonstrating the Galileo running as a MIDI Synthesizer. It uses the larger linux image,
with alsa, usb audio and usb MIDI, and the Csound language.
Intel Galileo Synthesizer - YouTube
The steps involved in this were:
1) building and installing the cross-compiler SDK under Ubuntu 12.04, with eglibc support
2) building an image for the SD card with eglibc support
3) booting from the sdcard
4) Using a usb hub to connect the MIDI keyboard and soundcard to the board
5) Loading the alsa usb audio module with
$ modprobe snd-usb-audio
5) SSH via ethernet to copy and run the cross-compiled Csound environment
Retrieving data ...