2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 7:54 PM by Curious592

DESKTOP BOARD - RAM PROBLEM - HELP

ilgufo70

hi, i buy 4 identical 1gb ram modules samsug M378T2953EZ3-CE6 667 MHZ - single side

here tecnical specifications found on samsung code information page

data bit - x64 240 pin unbuffered dimm

dram component type - ddr2 sdram (1.8vvd)

depth - 128M

number of bank in comp./interface/refresh

4 bank, SSTL (1.8V, 1.8V) 64ms/8k (7.8 us) - (4 bank) - i think this mean this is a Single side memory

bit organization - 8x

the problem is :

if i install 2 (is not important whic ones) slot of ram in slot A channel 0 and slot A channel 1 - the pc start ok

if i try to install 1 slot of ram more (3gb of memory) in another slot ( for example slot Bchannel 0...or slot B channel 1 - pc dont start

if i try to install 2 slot of ram more  - it means all mobo slot are full (4 gb of memory installed) the pc dont start

anyways  - i did this operation

1 - updated the bios at the latest version

2 - rese CMOS

but the result is the same

i'd like to use 4 gbyte of ram but i can't do it

someone could try to help meeeeeee!!!!

really thanks

• 1. Re: DESKTOP BOARD - RAM PROBLEM - HELP
          TyphoonX

Hello, I have exactly the same problem ! I tried 2x512 MB Corsair, no problem. Then 2x512 MB Kingmax, no problem. Together 4x512 MB and PC can't start, So I used 4x1 GB Samsung and it also didn't work. So I can use only 2 pieces of memorz modules, doesn\t matter of what type or size (tried also combinations of memory modules and it works). But .... All memories are running on 667 MHz, even though they are DDR2-800 and Corsair are Extreme Edition 1066 MHz. As I want to run 2x1 GB I must manually set memory to DDR2-667 MHz.

Can someone help, please ?

Thanks.

• 2. Re: DESKTOP BOARD - RAM PROBLEM - HELP
            Curious592

This can only be answered for each motherboard.  My casual impression from a year ago was that most 800 MHz memory was probably running at 667 on most systems.