I have a freshly installed Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, which I've purchased specifically to serve as an HTPC.
Sadly though I'm not experiencing the video performance I've read about. All of my videos are pretty standard - MKV's and MP4's at 1080 and 720 resolution
- but none are playing smoothly so far. They are laggy and choppy
i heard that the Bay Trail Celeron should play fine even 4K H.264 files.
My setup is pretty straightforward:
- Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
- 60Gb SSD
- 4Gb RAM
* BIOS and drivers are all up to date (3/17/2014)
* Media resides on a "2Tb Transcade HD "connected via USB
* Connected to display directly via HDMI .
* installation XBMC OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.1.4 [XBMC 13].
This is very frustrating.... am I missing something? Any additional software I should install or setting to lookup?
Thanks for helpers!
I am sorry you are having problems but let me help you.
Based on the information you have provided, there are some other troubleshooting steps I would like you to try: