4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 3:05 PM by DiegoV_Intel

Accessing intel galileo from Android

anbu369

Hi, I am trying to execute the terminal commands in Galileo through Android. I am using Jsch library in Android to do this. The connection is establishing properly and I can execute "ls" command and retrieve the folder names. But I could not execute any other commands like I want to execute "gphoto" commands to control my camera with Galileo but no luck. Anyone else doing similar project or any other alternatives for accessing the galileo from Android? Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Accessing intel galileo from Android
          mhahn

do you have "gphoto" installed on Galileo at all?

• 2. Re: Accessing intel galileo from Android
            DiegoV_Intel

Hi anbu369,

I have a couple questions. The first question is if you are using an Android device like a smartphone or if you installed Android into the Galilelo Board? And the other question is if when you try execute other commands which is the output you get? or the application just hang out? Could you attach a screenshot?

Regards,

Diego.

• 3. Re: Accessing intel galileo from Android
              anbu369

Hi DiegoV thanks for the reply... I installed gphoto2 successfully in my galileo and I can execute the gphoto2 commands from tera term and take pictures.. I even connected my android phone to galileo by ssh through wifi and executed the commands using the terminal application connectbot in android... Now I want to make my own application in Android which will have an interface where clicking buttons will form a ssh connection to the board and execute the commands... i am using Jsch library for doing this operation. It has three classes like channelexec class for executing linux commands.. channelshell for executing shell commands and channelsubsystem for executing subsystem commands. I used channelexec to send the ls command and returned the files and folder names from my root directory in galileo but when I send the 'gphoto2 --capture-image' command, it just gives exception. I want to know if gphoto2 command should be executed as a linux command or shell command or subsystem command? hope this is clear, if not pls ask.. Thanks a lot for helping.. stumbling upon this for a week now

• 4. Re: Accessing intel galileo from Android
                DiegoV_Intel

Hi anbu369,

Are you still having the same issues? I'd suggest you to try to execute the gphoto2 command as a Linux command, then as a Shell command and finally as a Subsystem command just to make sure that it isn't working in all those ways.

Regards,

Diego.