3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 8:59 AM by sylvia_intel

Why it's not compatible? :(

victora5h

Hello!

I am curently facing an issue regardin my graphic driver update. My laptop has an Intel Core i7-3610 QM with Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller. My current installed version is 10.18.10.3308 and the Update Utility found that i can update to 10.18.10.3621. The problem is that when i try to install that version i get the following error: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." Need some help please!

• 1. Re: Why it's not compatible? :(
          sylvia_intel

Hello  Victora5h, thanks for joining the graphics community. I am sorry to hear that have had problems updating Intel Graphics Driver.

We always recommend customers using the latest drivers provided directly by your motherboard or Original Equipment Manufacturer. However, you may try our drivers and force the installation by performing a manual procedure. Please check the following URL:  Graphics Drivers — Computer manufacturer graphics driver detected    

If the behavior persisted, it will be necessary to contact your system manufacture.

• 2. Re: Why it's not compatible? :(
            OppOliver

Dear Sylvia,

I got the same problem when I tried to update my Intel Graphic Driver today. I check the supported processors and mine isn't on the list.

I have a Toshiba laptop with Intel Core i7-3610QM processor.

It is really annoying, because I'm not able to use some online graphic editor program in my work.

Can you help me and the others, where can we find a fresh and tasty driver?

Regards,

OppOliver

• 3. Re: Why it's not compatible? :(
              sylvia_intel

Hello OppOliver, thanks for posting your question at Intel communities.

I would like to tell you that the latest graphics drivers available for your system are the ones provided on the previous post.

If these drivers do not work on your system, I am afraid that it will be necessary to contact Toshiba in order to get the drivers from them.

Bear in mind that we provide generic drivers; therefore sometimes these cannot be installed on OEM systems.