5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 8:15 AM by Paul_Eggleton

problem of yocto enviroment

LeiZhou

Hi,

I am trying to build yocto in a server enviroment(SUSE), which means I can not install software package so easily. The sanity checker showed that I have version problem, but which git showed a higher version.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Lei

plxc15034:/nfs/pdx/disks/rriver03/zhouleix/MyWorkspace/IHL2/yocto/micro/build> bitbake image-micro

WARNING: Host distribution "SUSE-LINUX-11" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.

ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.

Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).

Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

Please use a umask which allows a+rx and u+rwx

Your version of git is older than 1.7.5 and has bugs which will break builds. Please install a newer version of git.

Please install the following missing utilities: chrpath

The TMPDIR: /nfs/pdx/disks/rriver03/zhouleix/MyWorkspace/IHL2/yocto/micro/build/tmp can't be located on nfs.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed

ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.

Summary: There were 3 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

plxc15034:/nfs/pdx/disks/rriver03/zhouleix/MyWorkspace/IHL2/yocto/micro/build> git version

git version 1.8.2

plxc15034:/nfs/pdx/disks/rriver03/zhouleix/MyWorkspace/IHL2/yocto/micro/build> cat ~/.itools

# By default, use the latest for everything

* latest

# The latest gcc is usually fine.

# If you set a specific gcc version for some reason,

# you must use a version >= 4.6.2

P:python 2.7.5

P:gcc 4.8.0

P:git 1.8.2

P:tar 1.26