Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Problem Updating my Intel Graphics Driver.

ppand5
Beginner

Hey guys,

My processor is Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor (I think its first generation) with Intel HD Graphics 8.15.10.2900, which all came on a windows 7 64-bit Laptop. It was all working well till i decided to update to windows 8.1 x64. Now, the problem is, I am getting a message that my graphics driver isn't supported on my OS, and that i need to update it. Thats all well.. except there's no option for a windows 8.1 graphics driver on the download center for my first generation i5 processor. The latest update for my processor is for windows 7, and that's it. Any drivers i download wont install at all.. with a message "Your pc doesnt meet the min system requirements." As a result, I cant update, nor can i access basic driver allowances like the HDMI connection feature.

Please help me find an intel graphics driver that will actually work on my system, i.e. , support both Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor and windows 8.1 x64 OS? i shall be grateful for any help I can get on this matter. Thnx in Advanced!!!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

The Intel HD Graphics 1st gen only supports Windows* 8 using the HD Graphics driver provided by Windows Update. There is not a HD Graphics driver available for Windows 8. There is a FAQ with additional information at http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm?wapkw=windows+8+faq Graphics — Microsoft Windows 8* and Windows 8.1* Support FAQ

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos