Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

screen freeze Intel hd graphics

PSc
Beginner

Hi! I'm new here.

Since i have two graphics adapters:

Integrated: intel hd graphics 4400

Dedicated: msi r7 250

I want to use intel hd because it has quick sync. But every time i use it screen freezes after 10 or 15 mins

i tried to disable and enable it in BIOS,but still the same

help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Pete687, welcome to Intel Communities and thanks a lot for posting your inquire.

It is important for you to know that once you install an external PCI express video card, Quick Sync will be automatically disabled.

I would recommend removing the video card from the system and test it using the onboard video just to find out if you are getting the same behavior.

You can also contact the system manufacture for additional troubleshooting, drivers or firmware update.

0 Kudos
PSc
Beginner

Hi, sylvia_intel

I removed the dedicated card and used integrated, but I still get same behavior.

I updated the drivers, and still the same.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Pete687, please make sure you installed the latest graphics driver version available which is 3621

There is a Beta version that you may want to try, but I cannot assure you it will solve the problem you are having. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23985&lang=eng&ProdId=3719 Intel® Download Center

Please let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos