Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel HD 4000 and Empire Earth

fv1
Novice

Hey,

Today my windows 8 machine forced-updated to 8.1, and along with the update came newer graphic drivers.

The reason why I signed up here is to tell you that your new drivers makes the screen flicker in the game Empire Earth.

As previously posted in:

:

There is nothing wrong with the game & windows 8.1 itself since I have friends playing it, on windows 8.1 but with different graphics cards.

I know for a fact that it is your driver thats causing the trouble because yesterday the game worked fine with your older 9.17.10.2932 driver (released 12/12/2012) worked just fine.

Please dont tell me to contact the game company for a patch/fix, they ceased to exist in 2005. I just want to be able to play the game without going back to your older drivers.

Let me know how I can be of any help in this.

/f

6 Replies
fv1
Novice

So, any word on this?!

0 Kudos
LMass2
Beginner

Hello, I too have problems with Empire Earth. thanks to you I realized that they are due to drivers. Do you know how I can install the old drivers without having the ability to restore, because when I bought the pc those drivers were already installed? Thanks ...

MCha1
Beginner

Hello all,

I also have the same issue...

Can we hope a driver correction ?

fv1
Novice

72 hours has past and intel support is still shining with their absence...

0 Kudos
fv1
Novice

Seriously Intel, whats your problem?

Why does your older drivers work but the newest doesnt?

This problem is only with YOUR graphic cards t/w your newest drivers.

AMD, NVidia etc all work fine...

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am sorry you are having this problem with the driver. It is important to say that having latest graphics driver for the controller not necessarily mean that it is compatible with a legacy game. We have been working this on another thread so I recommend you posting your queries there for us not to lose track of the issue.

Here is the thread:

/thread/51576?start=15&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/51576?start=15&tstart=0

Kevin M

0 Kudos