Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

My mouse lags when I have 2 monitors set up!

CLich
Beginner

I'm no computer whiz, I've looked on forums and such and there seams to be no real solution to this problem, I have a 2000 dollar laptop, with I.7 and the monitor im using is via HDMI. From what i've found on various forums is that its some kind of driver issue, or i need an update, when I go to driver update utility, nothing shows up and says I already have what I need.. I'm not even sure If im in the right forum or not because I dont use these ever, but if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know, I have a 24 inch monitor waiting to be used!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RKari3
New Contributor III

Hi,

It might be a driver problem but have you tried checking it from the Control Panel.

Goto Control-Panel and click on Mouse. If there is no menu called mouse then change the view-by from Category to small icons.

If you cannot find the view-by button press Alt+V on your keyboard. In the menu that opens scroll near "goto" and select show all control panel items

Click on mouse

Goto Pointer Options and increase the pointer speed.

0 Kudos
CLich
Beginner

Nono, it's not anything to do with pointer speed, It's hard to explain, but my mouse jumps around and dissapears for short moments, It's managble (but annoying) when I'm just online doing work and stuff, but if i play games it's near impossible.. It just lags out and appears where I would have originally moved my cursor. get what Im saying? A bunch of people have this problem, and I saw on another Intel forum that one of the Mods said there would be a driver update to fix it, but he never posted which one it was or if it even came out yet, and that was like a year ago, and I've searched far and wide on the internet and there's no apparent fix yet

0 Kudos
RKari3
New Contributor III

hmm, in this case can you answer some questions

does it work fine when you use only one monitor?

Operating system?

Processor?

0 Kudos
CLich
Beginner

Yea it works fine when I use just one monitor, It may also help that I'm using a laptop, and I connect my other monitor via HDMI (Although my laptop is very high end)

I have Windows 8 64-bit

and my processor is "Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40Hz 2.40 GHz"

0 Kudos
RKari3
New Contributor III

does the synaptic mouse lag or do you connect an external mouse say USB?

if your touchpad mouse is lagging can you try connecting a USB mouse and check if it is still the same.?

0 Kudos
CLich
Beginner

yea I use an external mouse, although the touchpad works fine when the lagging starts

0 Kudos
RKari3
New Contributor III

hmmm..

Can you try uninstalling the USB mouse driver.

Then plug-in the USB mouse again.

It will reinstall the driver by itself and hopefully the problem should go away.

You can uninstall the driver from the Conrol Panel in the mouse section. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions on how to do it.

0 Kudos
RKari3
New Contributor III

one more thing. Plug the mouse back in when both the monitors are connected

0 Kudos
CLich
Beginner

good idea, I tried it and it seams to be working, the problem only occurs every so often so i'll get back to you if it happens again, but for now *fingers crossed*

0 Kudos
RKari3
New Contributor III

Good. I am glad that it got resolved. Let us know if you get any further troubles.

0 Kudos
CLich
Beginner

well unfortunately, the problem is still persisting, Im going to try testing it out with a different mouse tomorrow when I can get my hands on one and see it that helps 😕

0 Kudos
CLich
Beginner

I found another forum last night

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/my-cursor-lags-when-i-connect-a-secondary/fa7a667a-9843-4442-a417-b190d5e23118 My cursor lags when i connect a secondary monitor.This happens when - Microsoft Community

and it's got a solution on it, something about windows 8 being bugged, It say to change the mouse icons to black (large)

I havnt had any lag yet so im pretty sure this is the solution, but thanks so much Rushang.Karia you were a really big help! ^_^

0 Kudos
RKari3
New Contributor III

No problem man.

I read the post too and am pretty sure that this is the workaround to your issue.

0 Kudos