8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 2:15 AM by victorlazzarini

More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10

victorlazzarini

This time I almost got to the end. I have followed all the instructions in the board sources PDF, and

run this command, finally

$ bitbake image-full-galileo -c populate_sdk

Five hours later and with 2820 out of 2866 tasks done, the build fails with these errors

|   CC    x86_64-softmmu/hw/i386/../ioapic.o

| {standard input}: Assembler messages:

| {standard input}:52666: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted

| {standard input}:53815: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.p'

| {standard input}: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive

| x86_64-pokysdk-linux-gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)

| Please submit a full bug report,

| with preprocessed source if appropriate.

| See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

and

|   CC    arm-softmmu/hw/arm/../pxa2xx.o

| {standard input}: Assembler messages:

| {standard input}:50450: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted

| {standard input}:50524: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.'

|   CC    x86_64-softmmu/hw/i386/../multiboot.o

| {standard input}: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive

| x86_64-pokysdk-linux-gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)

| Please submit a full bug report,

| with preprocessed source if appropriate.

| See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

| make[1]: *** [target-i386/translate.o] Error 4

| make: *** [subdir-i386-linux-user] Error 2

It looks like we're looking at the qemu build.

ERROR: Task 1655 (virtual:nativesdk:/home/victor/galileo/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu_1.4.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

any suggestions?

• 1. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
          AlexT_Intel

Looks like a compiler glitch to me. You're using 12.10, which is not officially validated, I guess (bitbake should throw a warning at the beginning), so the gcc (or other tools in the host toolchain) may be newer than expected and have different behavior. I've seen things like that (not exactly what you're seeing), with Ubuntu 14.04 and with openSUSE 13.1 (vs. supported 12.3).

The typical advice is "use supported distro", unless you feel like debugging it.

• 2. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
            victorlazzarini

Thanks, what's the officially validated version?

• 4. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
              victorlazzarini

bitbake is not telling me anything about this being an unsupported distro, see below:

victor@ligeti:~/galileo/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/yocto_build$ bitbake image-full-galileo -c populate_sdk

Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build

WARNING: Unable to get checksum for core-image-minimal-initramfs SRC_URI entry modules.conf: file could not be found   | ETA:  00:00:13

Parsing recipes: 100% |################################################################################################| Time: 00:02:32

Parsing of 1253 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1253 parsed). 1616 targets, 118 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.18.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"

TARGET_SYS        = "i586-poky-linux-uclibc"

MACHINE           = "clanton"

DISTRO            = "clanton-tiny"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4.2"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 i586"

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-yocto-bsp    = "clanton:cb72259dc6d44950672bc785fa3ded8f669e1c1a"

meta-intel        = "clanton:048def7bae8e3e1a11c91f5071f99bdcf8e6dd16"

meta-oe           = "clanton:13ae5105ee30410136beeae66ec41ee4a8a2e2b0"

meta-clanton-distro

meta-clanton-bsp  = "<unknown>:<unknown>"

• 5. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
                victorlazzarini

and it looks like I've managed to build the toolchain. After that fail, I restarted the build and it completed (probably without opencl and qemu which were the offending packages). I've managed to compile a program with it. Is there a way to run an emulator to test if the program runs?

• 6. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
                  victorlazzarini

It works!

Ok, for those trying to do the same as me, here are my steps and tips.

1) My build system as Ubuntu 12.04, running under virtual box on an OSX host.

2) You will need 29GB of space for the build. You cannot build on vbosxf partitions (on the host), because vboxsf does

not allow hard links.

3) Get the BSB packages from this link: Intel® Download Center

4) Follow the instructions (section 7)  from here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23197/eng/Quark_BSP_BuildandSWUserGuide_329687_006.pdf

5) After running setup.sh, you will need to fix one of the build script files, instructions here: Yocto Clanton full: Build error for x264 package

(the correct answer is at the end)

7) the bitbake command I used was: $ bitbake image-full-galileo -c populate_sdk

6) If at about item 2820 of 2866 you get a failure, just run the command again and it should complete with no failure;  if it doesn't you can

try repeating it again.

This will build the cross-compilation tools, which you can install in your system as per the instructions (4 above).

• 7. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
                    Jackie-MCG

HI,

I am trying to build galileo image.

build code based on Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.1.7z and follow the step of Quark_BSP_BuildandSWUserGuide_329687_006.pdf.

After fun bitbake image-full ,there is some error come out.

Can you help me fix it.

Thanks

the error message log :

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://webm.googlecode.com/files/libvpx-v0.9.5.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available
                    ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 8, output:
                    http://webm.googlecode.com/files/libvpx-v0.9.5.tar.bz2:
                    2015-01-07 09:47:35 ERROR 503: Service Unavailable.

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://webm.googlecode.com/files/libvpx-v0.9.5.tar.bz2'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
                    ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/zhumy/galileo/test_galileo/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/libvpx/0.9.5-r3.0/temp/log.do_fetch.18893
                    ERROR: Task 2236 (/home/zhumy/galileo/test_galileo/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/meta-oe/meta-oe/recipes-multimedia/webm/libvpx_0.9.5.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
                    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1396 tasks of which 1351 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
                    Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
                      /home/zhumy/galileo/test_galileo/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/meta-oe/meta-oe/recipes-multimedia/webm/libvpx_0.9.5.bb, do_fetch
                    Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
                    Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

• 8. Re: More errors building cross-compiler SDK on Ubuntu 12.10
                      victorlazzarini

This

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://webm.googlecode.com/files/libvpx-v0.9.5.tar.bz2'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

shows that bitbake could not download the sources from that site. You can try to see if you can reach it manually (with wget) to check that it's there

and it is not a problem with your network. In the past, I've noticed that if you re-run bitbake it seems to ignore these and go ahead to continue the

build (without that package), which you can try.

If you can download the package manually, you can try looking for the recipe file for libvpx and setting the URL to your locally downloaded file. Have

a look at the yocto project documentation on recipes, it should give you an idea of how it is done.