3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 9:01 AM by sylvia_intel

Intel Matrix Storage and 3TB?

derBayani

Here's what I've got:

Intel Xeon CPU, E5620@2.40GHz

Installed memory 6GB

System type: 64-bit OS

Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v8.5.2.1002 ICH10R/DO wRAID5

2 Seagate Barracudas, 3TB 64MB cache (STBD3000100)

The problem is that when I try to set up a RAID1 array, the setup program says that the drives are only 750GB.  But if I hit F2 before the machine boots, the computer recognizes them as 3TB drives.  I'm having some trouble with Windows recognizing them as over 2.25GB drives, and I know the Intel Matrix RAIDs can't recognize drives over 2TB.   But why is the raid not recognizing them as at least 2TB drives?  What can I do to fix this?  Switch down to 2TB drives?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Intel Matrix Storage and 3TB?
          sylvia_intel

Hello DerBayani, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities.

Thanks for all the information given, but would you please provide me the model number of the motherboard you are using?

Also, please let me know which operating system do you have?

I would like to have this information in order to try updating the Matrix Storage software or install the newer Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. This is the updated version of Matrix Storage.

Sometimes, this behavior can me solved by updating the drivers.

• 2. Re: Intel Matrix Storage and 3TB?
            derBayani

Model number of the motherboard: I'm not sure what I'm looking for.  Everything printed on the motherboard looks like a "this part goes here" mark.  There is a small one in the middle that reads "LL1120 LS-36 C E176084" with a symbol of a backwards R and a U.

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional, service pack 1, not seeing any other details in the System screen

• 3. Re: Intel Matrix Storage and 3TB?
              sylvia_intel

I just send you a private message. Would you please check it out?