3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 2:59 AM by majicmark

problem trying to build galileo C cross compiler toolchain

victorlazzarini

I have followed the instructions to build the cross compiler toolchain on Linux (ubuntu).

There are errors after running the bitbake command to build a full image (and also

a spi image), which is reported as a do_install function fail acting on one of the

files. It looks like the build system cannot find a package (quilt)

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/quilt/quilt-0.60.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Function failed: do_install (see /home/victor/host/src/galileo/Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.1/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native/0.60-r0/temp/log.do_install.30528 for further information)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/victor/host/src/galileo/Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.1/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/yocto_build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/quilt-native/0.60-r0/temp/log.do_install.30528

ERROR: Task 9 (/home/victor/host/src/galileo/Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.1/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/quilt/quilt-native_0.60.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'

I got the latest BSP sources and I am following the document from 22 May 2014.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks

Victor

• 1. Re: problem trying to build galileo C cross compiler toolchain
          victorlazzarini

Ok, that was fixed by making sure I built on a rw filesystem (my setup uses a VM and I was building on a OSX host partition, which was read only). Now

I get a little further, but still no cigar. I am getting a "ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'image-full-galileo"

=======================

victor@ligeti:~/src/meta-clanton_v1.0.1/yocto-build$ bitbake image-full-galileo -c populate_sdk

Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build

Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################################################################################| Time: 00:01:57

Parsing of 814 .bb files complete (0 cached, 814 parsed). 1121 targets, 27 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.18.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"

TARGET_SYS        = "i586-poky-linux"

MACHINE           = "qemux86"

DISTRO            = "poky"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4.2"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 i586"

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-yocto-bsp    = "clanton:0f05241f0b5c5535de36fc7aba0ad6a5fa476edb"

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/quilt/quilt-0.60.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 63 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.

Loading cache: 100% |############################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00

Loaded 1122 entries from dependency cache.

Build Configuration:

BB_VERSION        = "1.18.0"

BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"

NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-12.04"

TARGET_SYS        = "i586-poky-linux"

MACHINE           = "qemux86"

DISTRO            = "poky"

DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4.2"

TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 i586"

TARGET_FPU        = ""

meta             

meta-yocto       

meta-yocto-bsp    = "clanton:0f05241f0b5c5535de36fc7aba0ad6a5fa476edb"

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'image-full-galileo'

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

==============================

Any suggestions?

• 2. Re: problem trying to build galileo C cross compiler toolchain
            victorlazzarini

Ok, getting a bit further. For some reason (maybe I missed a command), the conf/bblayers.conf did not have all the directories in

the BBLAYERS variable. I fixed this by looking at my previous failed attempts in another directory and edited it to show the correct

list. Now it's building.

• 3. Re: problem trying to build galileo C cross compiler toolchain
              majicmark

hey victorlazzarini

now, l have the same issue as you said .when i run bitbake image-full -c populate_sdk  ,the system out "no thing provides image-full ".

l wonder to know how you figure it out? please tell me about it specifically .

Thanks