Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

pc does not boot/no display/output [tried everything],is my processor dead??

skhan22
Beginner

so its been a month now and i am suffering from no boot in my pc. so let me start from the beginning:-so its been a month now and i am suffering from no boot in my pc. so let me start from the beginning:- i purchased new motherboard and was installing drivers on win 8.1. in the background i was uninstalling visual studios and suddenly when i was asked to reboot i did it.now it doesn't start at all!i wonder if my processor is dead,but how!!!? the fans and lights are working but i get no output at all! i tried to use my older motherboard and it didn't work. i contacted intel and they said its the board so i replaced my new mobo with the same model and its still the same thing. things i tried: bread boarding clearing cmos removing battery etc. bios recovery update using a different psu,ram,etc i dont get any beeps even when i dont connect the rams. spec- core i5 2400 intel dh77eb corsair gs 800 kingston hype x 4 gb ram i purchased new motherboard and was installing drivers on win 8.1. in the background i was uninstalling visual studios and suddenly when i was asked to reboot i did it.now it doesn't start at all!i wonder if my processor is dead,but how!!!? the fans and lights are working but i get no output at all! i tried to use my older motherboard and it didn't work. i contacted intel and they said its the board so i replaced my new mobo with the same model and its still the same thing. things i tried: bread boarding clearing cmos removing battery etc. bios recovery update using a different psu,ram,etc i dont get any beeps even when i dso its been a month now and i am suffering from no boot in my pc. so let me start from the beginning:- i purchased new motherboard and was installing drivers on win 8.1. in the background i was uninstalling visual studios and suddenly when i was asked to reboot i did it.now it doesn't start at all!i wonder if my processor is dead,but how!!!? the fans and lights are working but i get no output at all! i tried to use my older motherboard and it didn't work. i contacted intel and they said its the board so i replaced my new mobo with the same model and its still the same thing. things i tried: bread boarding clearing cmos removing battery etc. bios recovery update using a different psu,ram,etc i dont get any beeps even when i dont connect the rams. spec- core i5 2400 intel dh77eb corsair gs 800 kingston hype x 4 gb ramont connect the rams. spec- core i5 2400 intel dh77eb corsair gs 800 kingston hype x 4 gb ram

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for such bad experience.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you provided the only component left to test or swap is the processor. I recommend testing the motherboard out of case with minimum components and make sure the power cables are properly connected.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010254.htm Desktop Boards — Troubleshooting system no boot issues

You may also take the system to a computer shop to have it diagnosed; otherwise you can contact your local http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel support team for a warranty replacement.

0 Kudos