1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 9:08 AM by Sturi

BSOD - Need Help Finding Correct Drivers

snmavronis

I need help finding a couple drivers for an HP XW4600 Workstation (model RV724AV) whichh will run Windows 2000 Pro (because of an image restore) and then be upgraded to XP. The chipset is Intel X38 Express Performance.

I'm getting a BSOD with stop error saying Inaccessible_Boot_Device indicating a hard drive controller driver or firmware issue: 0x0000007B (0xF681B848 , 0xC0000034 , 0x00000000 , 0x00000000) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822052#6b with the same stop error, although this was for a Dell machine.

I'm loading a disk image from an older computer using Acronis True Image w/Universal Restore software. I was being prompted for these drivers: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&SUBSYS_1308103C&REV_02 and ACPI\GenuineIntel_-_x86_family_6_model_15

Acronis tech support suggested as a test that I try changing the SATA emulation to IDE in the BIOS and that driver request went away. Then I'm still stuck with the remaining ACPI driver request and the same stop error. I tried disabling all of the advanced power features in the BIOS but that didn't work to bypass it.

I tried downloading matrix storage drivers from this site but it didin't work. The Acronis additional driver prompt asked for IASTOR.SYS for an Intel ICHR/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller, even though the SYS and INF files were browsable from the CD that I burned. I'm not sure if that was from selecting the wrong storage drivers.

Where can I get these 2 drivers for this machine so I can burn them onto a CD for the restore software to load?