11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 1:43 PM by Aulax

DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem

Fifthscreen

Hello

We bought DN2820FYKH today. Since we are a company that works with digital signage, we are thinking this model is the good solution for our services. But when i installed the device, i came upon a resolution problem. Since at the moment we are using presentation for digital signage in 1360x768 resolution, when i tried to switch to that resolution on our test TV, i saw that resolution did not scale to full screen but instead stayed small in the center. Test TV is 39'' LED, which is set up to automatically to fit the screen, and when testing with other machines, we did not had this problem, so TV is not issue here. In intel HD graphics panel, when i try to set different resolutions starting from 1680x900, i do get scale options. however on 1360x768 or lower resolutions i only have the "center image" option. Can  anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
          Tex_Mex

Yeah, I have a year old Sharp LED and anything with intel graphics over scans so it cuts out the edges. Cannot fix it in the crappy intel HD control panel as it has been dummed down. Very irritating as it occurs on a laptop with Intel HD as well. Don't know why Intel graphics has always been relatively poor. If the NUC is to be used for media this needs to be fixed by Intel urgently. Otherwise the NUC will not get taken seriously in this area. AMD's tools for their inbuilt graphics are literally light years ahead.

When I access the control panel the only option available is fit to screen. Again, if I turn it down I get center on the screen. Why can't we all have a slider to adjust the edges as needed like in the AMD panel? This is very, very frustrating and is so basic, I could not believe my eyes as I have the latest BIOS and drivers download yesterday. (Or perhaps I am missing something obvious?)

If Intel reads this, you should (as I said already) address this simple problem. This is such a basic issue that people were getting many years ago but we are in July 2014! Amazing!

• 2. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
            joe_intel

I suggest using the latest Intel® HD Graphics driver, latest BIOS and using a straight-thru cable.

Sometimes it works better if you choose a different option on the TV itself, instead of using auto you can manually select the aspect ratio. Settings like “overscan” may appear with a different name depending on the manufacturer.

• 3. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
              Tex_Mex

Just some feedback. It was more the poor software options that numerous people are complaining on many forums I have read. (Have been using Intel graphics for 20 years so I get a little frustrated with it sometimes) After spending time looking for options I managed to download the TV manual and change the output of the TV to "dot by dot" option which immediately corrected the problem. This was really just a hunch. I am using a HDMI input and have the latest bios/driver. Hopefully this helps fifthscreen.

However, thank you Intel for the concept of the NUC. I think you are definitely on to something great here.

• 4. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                Fifthscreen

Thank you Tex_Mex for your reply as well as from joe_intel. I have installed the latest graphic drivers but i havent updated the bios yet. i will do that later today and let you know the results. Thing is, i have tested NUC on 39'' FullHD tv, on Dell 23" full hd monitor, and on another Tv which is HD Ready. On all three displays is the same problem, the 1920x1080 resolution runs fine on first two devices, but on third its out of bounds. However when i change the resolution on all three screens to lets say 1366x768, the displays scales down to the center of the screen and stays small. even on HD ready TV, which has the 1366x768 as highest supported. after all three tests, i used an Aopen pc which we also have, to test all three displays, did not have a single problem on any of them. So i believe its definitely problem with graphic drivers. As i said i haven't put the newest bios, so maybe that will fix the problem. Anyway, thanks for you replies, i will let you know as soon as i update the bios

• 5. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                  Fifthscreen

Here is the situation. I downloaded a driver bundle from the official driver download page. I have installed all new drivers including newest bios update and problem remains. Just so that you know what i am talking about here are 4 images

Here is the NUC in 1920x1080 resolution on 39" TV

NUC 1920x1080.jpg

Here is the NUC in 1360x768 resolution on 39" TV

NUC 1360x768.jpg

Here is the Office PC in 1920x1080 resolution on 39" TV

Office PC 1920x1080.jpg

Here is the Office PC in 1360x768 resolution on 39" TV

Office PC 136x768.jpg

So from what you can see here TV is not an issue here. Office PC does not have intel graphics. So any further assistance on this problem will be very helpful

Thanks

• 6. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                    joe_intel

The only way I was able to replicate this black frame in Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel was by setting the same resolution and select “Center Image”, so I even though I doubt it is the case you may want to make sure “Scale Full Screen” is selected.

We also have to pay attention to the last image from the “Office PC” at 1360x768 and note how the image is cropped, there is no taskbar and some icons are missing. I suggest checking the TV settings anyway.

• 7. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                      Fifthscreen

let me quote from my original post

In intel HD graphics panel, when i try to set different resolutions starting from 1680x900, i do get scale options. however on 1360x768 or lower resolutions i only have the "center image" option.

As for office pc, if lower resolution than full hd is selected, taskbar is set to show only if mouse pointer is on it. Its not really a matter if some icons are missing, the point is that our digital signage presentations and campaigns runs at this resolution. So when its set to full screen it really does not matter if icons or taskbar are missing or not

• 8. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                        rsantainhas

I have the same problem and i think has to do with the missing options in the "Intel Graphis Control Panel" under "Panel Fit" it only has "Maintain Display Scalling" and "Center Image", in a resolution of 1024x768.

I have another model DC3217IYE and has more options "full-screen scale" "maintain aspect ratio" (translate options i have the system in Portuguese).

Also i have the latest driver and bios update, and in some tv's this problem.... also have a Asus EB1036 with intel graphis... with the same problem.

Any help.... plz!!!

• 9. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                          joe_intel

I have forwarded this issue to the appropriate department so it can be considered in future driver releases.

• 10. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                            barracuda

This. I just got an Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Version# H22962-104 couple days ago.

No scaling whatsoever when setting resolution of lower than 1920x1080 (full HD). This is nuts. Even my 2012 Zotac can do this! Do you guys even test the use cases of it as being an HTPC with multifunction purposes? Yes, watching movies will be 1080p. But playing games are better at 720p or even lower resolution! And having a small 720p screen in the center is not funny at all!

There is another thread about this that seems to be ages ago:

DN2820FYK - no Display Scaling under Win7

• 11. Re: DN2820FYKH resolution scaling problem
                              Aulax

I was able to resolve this issue. See my post on the last page here:

DN2820FYK - no Display Scaling under Win7