Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

IntelR centrino advanced N6205 cannot communicate with an Teltonica 3,4G router

aconv
Beginner

We have a major issue with a Dell Lattitude XT3 witha IntelR centrino advanced N6205 wifi unit. We want this Wifi unit to connect with a Teltonica 3,4G router. This does not work, although it says it is fully functional When we do a pin test it says that everything works fine, but the last ping says that there is "default gateway DHCP server". The Teltonica is fully functional as we can connect with a range of other computers. We can also connect Dell Lattitute XT3/Intel centrino advanced N6205 to other home routers without any issue. So the compurt, the WIFI unit and Teltonica router are fundamentally functional.

We did single variable test with a nearly identicall Dell Lattitude XT3 but with a DW1501 wireless-N-WLAN half minicard and the WIFI connection with the Teltonica router works perfectly.

According to the computer the latest drivers are fully up to date.

We are confused and frustrated as we do not know what to do next.

Andre

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Andre, I understand you are trying to connect the https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/centrino-advanced-n-6205-brief.pdf Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205; however, the bands officially supported are 2.4 and 5 GHz and therefore we cannot guarantee the functionality with the 3.4 GHz band.

Perhaps other members can help you with your project but we also have to bear in mind that this frequency may be intended for different purposes and applicable laws depending on the country.

0 Kudos
aconv
Beginner

I am so sorry that my question or message could be confusing. We actaully try to communicate the centrino with the Teltonica router via WIFI. The Teltonica router is an LTE router. In Europe we call this commercially a 3G or 4G connection. The issue is the communication between the laptop !centrino card) and the Teltonica via WIFI which is at 2,4 GHz on channel 11.

When we do in the bios a ping to the gateway 192.168.1.1 of the router we always get 4 time outs.

As mentioned another computer with another WIFI card works.

Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you try with static IP configuration?

Perhaps there is a security block, like a firewall or MAC filter.

0 Kudos
aconv
Beginner

Thanks so much for the help, this worked. Als othanks for the excellent website with all the drivers. The drivers worked. A small remark. It looked like the computer said all drivers were updated, yet that is not the case. It is important to manually update them.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am glad it is working now, and I am sorry for the misunderstanding; perhaps you had the latest inbox driver from Microsoft* but not the latest one from Intel, which is 16.11.0.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034315.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software driver versions by operating system

0 Kudos