1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 6:27 AM by kevin_intel

Intel Rapid Start Technology - a lot of doubts.

Madz!..

Hi,

I just put a SSD on my laptop and I want to have IRST working but I did something wrong intalling/updating, and now I'm stuck.

Can't remove old program, Tried to install earlier version says aa newer ver. is installed. Newer versions say "This computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing this software".

When i boot Windows a message appears saying "This computer doesn't have IRST enabled".

Would also like to know if it's possible to use IRST file in SSD instead of Express Cache iSSD..

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology - a lot of doubts.
          kevin_intel

Hi Madz!..,

I am sorry you are having problems with this but let me help you.

Based on the information you have provided I will assume that when you say IRST you are referring here to Intel® Rapid Start Technology and not the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (which are different technologies).

At this point I am not totally sure of the components you have in your system but you can check the Rapid Start Technology guide here:

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/rapid_start_technology_user_guide.pdf

The message that says “This computer does not meet minimum requirements for installing this software" most of the times is because the software we have from our side is generic software for branded computers or OEM systems. I would recommend you trying to deleted the software from Programs and Feature under control panel and then try installing the one your computer manufacture provides.