5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 11:51 PM by mfaux

Intel board DP43TF doesn't run SCSI card

markdx

Hi,

I am attempting to run various SCSI cards on this board. It identifies the card BIOS but it will not let me in to it, then it flashes a cursor on the screen. It does not go further than this. Has anyone had a similar experience or does anyone know whether SCSI cards can be run on this desktop board?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Intel board DP43TF doesn't run SCSI card
          Aryan2411

Hello there,

To be honest, i have seen that many raid controller card dont work on Intel desktop boards.

Anyway, Intel has not validated any raid controller card on the Intel Desktop Boards.

I remembered to have used a raid controller card on DG43NB and it worked fine, when i have used on another intel board, it did not work.

So if your SCSI card does not work on the board ,try it on another non-intel board if possible to see if it works or not. Then you can be sure that it is due to incompatibility between the intel board and your scsi card.

All the best,

Regards,
          Aryan.

• 2. Re: Intel board DP43TF doesn't run SCSI card
            markdx

Thank you Aryan. I appreciate your comment.

Mark

• 3. Re: Intel board DP43TF doesn't run SCSI card
              Aryan2411

Hi Mark,

No problem, I am happy to be of some help to you.

Feel free to ask any other question.

Regards,

Aryan

• 4. Re: Intel board DP43TF doesn't run SCSI card
                frank8888

Hi, markdx

Try to enable the "Expansion card text" under the security menu in BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Frank

• 5. Re: Intel board DP43TF doesn't run SCSI card

I have a similar problem with this board using a PCI Dawicontrol DC-3410 RAID controller. The RAID BIOS does initialize successfully and the boad BIOS and also the boot menu show the drives connected to the RAID controller correctly, but I'm unable to boot from any device (CD/HDD/...) while any disk is connected to the RAID controller. Is this an incompatibility beteween the board and the controler card? Why does the board BIOS detect the drives correctly?

My board's BIOS version is the original 0069; may it help to update to the latest version?

My RAID controller also supports a Silicon Image RAID BIOS instead of the Dawicontrol one; would this maybe fix the problem?