4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2014 1:10 PM by JPMontero_Intel

cannot enter into mysqld

sunilputtur

Hi there,

I have successfully installed the mysql server and mysql client in the root and it is up to date.

Now when I try to enter into mysqld getting the below error. I am following the link WZR-HP-G300NH Router: Lighttpd and php on DD-WRT to do this.

find the attached error screenshot.

Untitled.png

• 1. Re: cannot enter into mysqld
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi sunilputtur

It seems he is trying to locate a user called mysql. Maybe you should try creating a user at /home. You can do this with this command:

mkdir /home/mysql

Then try again to see if the error message is no longer there. Let me know if that helped

Regards,
          JPMontero_Intel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: cannot enter into mysqld
            sunilputtur

Hi JPMontero_Intel,

As I am new to this linux programming. can you just suggest me the steps(commands) to start the mqsqld and creating the databases and further tables in it.

• 3. Re: cannot enter into mysqld
              sunilputtur

Hi JPMontero_Intel,

Thanks.! The command \mkdir\home\mysql worked for me now I am using mysql directory in putty.

I want to know that is that possible to put your SQL statements in a file and then tell mysql to read its input from that file, As I have used a command "mysql> source C:\Users\sunil\Tables.sql;". but I m not able to go through that. can u kindly help me.

See the attached image for the error list.

Thanks in Advance.!

Untitled.png

• 4. Re: cannot enter into mysqld
                JPMontero_Intel

If you want to access the SQL file from your host computer you need the file on the Galileo. Then you can transfer the file with the command

$ scp C:\Users\sunil\Tables.sql root@<Galileo IP>:\home\mysql

Regards,
                JPMontero_Intel

1 of 1 people found this helpful