Hello Wiley1, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your system.
It seems like you already performed most of the troubleshooting we requested to customers.
However, would you please do the following troubleshooting?
1. Take the motherboard out of the chassis and using only minimum configuration (board, processor, video card, and power supply) No memory stick? Let me know if you are able to get 3 beeps?
2. Remove the video card? Are you getting 2 beeps?
3. Using 1 memory stick and the video card, try to access the BIOS pressing F2?
4. You can try to reinstall the latest BIOS version using the BIOS recovery method. (.bio file saved on a thumb drive)
5. If you are able to access the BIOS screen please set the default settings and restart the system.
Please let me have the following information:
- Processor model number:
- Memory model number:
- Video card:
- Operating system:
Regarding your questions, it will be necessary to do the troubleshooting above in order to find out if you have a defective motherboard.
So please reply back to me with all the information requested.