2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 10:59 AM by AlexT_Intel

Galileo Gen2 Release Notes inconsistency

AlexT_Intel

@Intel_Raad looks like there's an inconsistency in the Release Notes in Gen2 documents section: https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22797 you've recently posted.

Paragraph 1.1, 3rd and 4th bullets from the top mention the BSP sources version 1.0.2 available for download, but there's actually none in the download area. And as far as I understand, there actually shouldn't be because this software release is based on Quark BSP version 1.0.1 and it has several OpenSSL and Galileo-specific patches, which as a whole is called Galileo Software Release 1.0.2. You may want to pass this on for correction or I'd be grateful for clarification if I misunderstand that.

Also the bullet about full Yocto archive doesn't take into account the fact that in this release it's split into two files and it's not tar.gz but a multi-volume ZIP.

Also the bullet hierarchy looks a bit off in that piece, right now it's:

• (Optional) Linux* BSP (Board Support Package) sources for Intel® Quark™ SoC-based systems.

• Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.2.7z (2.53 MB)

− (Optional) Board Support Package (BSP) sources including Yocto archive: The BSP build process requires additional 30 GB of free disk space.

• Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.2_full_yocto_archive.tar.gz (2.8 GB)

But it seems to me that it was meant to be:

• (Optional) Linux* BSP (Board Support Package) sources for Intel® Quark™ SoC-based systems.

− Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.2.7z (2.53 MB)

• (Optional) Board Support Package (BSP) sources including Yocto archive: The BSP build process requires additional 30 GB of free disk space.

− Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.0.2_full_yocto_archive.tar.gz (2.8 GB)

I'm marking this as a question so that it's easier to track it.