Let me help you with that.
There are some steps I want you to try:
- Update the BIOS in your system to latest.
- Power cycle the computer. Disconnect the batter and all cables from the laptop and press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds. Then reconnect the battery and power AC adapter.
Please test the system and let me know the results.
I understand. Please try installing a previous driver version so we can discard a driver issue. You can download the drivers at this page:
Also there is a setting you can try changing. IT is under Power management at the Adapter settings called “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
In case it still failing I recommend you contacting your Computer Manufacture since this could be a hardware problem.
I buy a new lenovo thinkpad s440 with windows 8.1 x64 and spend two weeks and every thing was working fine, suddenly I did experienced the same strange issue with my new laptop after two weeks from buying it. but with Microsoft compatibility ver. 16.5.3 .
I did the following trails:
1. install Driver Ver. 17.0.2., the result not working.
2.Install (Intel Driver Update Utility) from Intel site and it checked the system and recommended Ver 17.13.11, the result not working.
3. install Driver 17.0.0, the result not working.
4. uninstall all previous versions.
5.uninstall the driver itself from Device Manager and let windows scan and define it, the windows define with the same previous Ver 16.5.3, but the amazing issue is that the driver getting working correctly.
I did not know what is the exact step that solve the issue but it did solved.