1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 10:16 AM by kevin_intel

NU

titooo7

Hello,

I have the DN2820FYKH with 4GB ram and 120gb SSD.

I installed Linux Mint 17 Mate and I have not only found that the keyboard and mouse are slow to react. I tried to find out why so I opened the systme monitor and I could see that the CPU usage is huge:

-With System Monitor opened and just one terminal windopw opened I can see that CPU1 100% and CPU2 5%

-With System Monitor opened and running apt-get update in one terminal window CPU1 100% and CPU2 70%

-With System Monitor opened and running apt-get upgrade (installing upgrades) in one terminal window CPU1 90-100% and CPU2 100%

Is it a problem of optimization (not good drivers for Linux Mint 17 Mate) or maybe my NUC is defective?

Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: NU
          kevin_intel

Hi titooo7,

Let me help you with this.

The information you have provided is interesting because as you say this is not normal; however, there are some troubleshooting steps to try:

1. Test Windows versions.
          2. You can run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool for Linux. Here you can download it:

http://www.tcsscreening.com/files/users/IPDT_LiveUSB/index.html

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is software that will test the internal processor components and will generate a result.

Maybe other users with Linux can share their experiences here.

Kevin M