Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility displaying incorrect values for i7-4790K

MGour1
Beginner

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) is displaying incorrect values in the hardware monitor section for my i7-4790K. The Processor Frequency is showing 0.00 GHz and the Active Core Count is always at 1 regardless if I'm running the stress test. I am running the latest version 4.4 (7.4.2014), also attached a screenshot of my XTU values below.

Additional Information:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK with latest BIOS F5

Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JNako
Beginner

I have the same problem.

Additional Info:

My processor: I7 3930k @ 3.2ghz

My motherboard: DX79SR with latest bios update

0 Kudos
MGour1
Beginner

I was thinking XTU wasn't able to detect my CPU properly because it's newer than the actual release date of the program itself but clearly is not the case here since joao_i7 has a 3930K and is having the same problems as me.

If anyone knows the solution to fixing this issue please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Guys,

I have tested latest Intel® XTU version and it was working fine for me. I recommend you updating BIOS and re installing the software. Here is an image of the one I tested:

0 Kudos
MGour1
Beginner

I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard, however I'm using a different CPU (i7-4790K) than you that was released on 06/02/14 which is newer than the XTU V4.4 release date of 04/17/14. I did some searching I believe joao_i7 just needs the newest Intel Management Engine driver firmware and it should fix it for him. However, Intel's download website still doesn't list any Intel Management Engine driver firmwares for Intel 9 Series chipset for my Z97 motherboard, I am currently using the one from my motherboard installation disc.

0 Kudos
MGour1
Beginner

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 with the latest 5.1.0.23 XTU release and I still get the same problem. It definitely has to be related to the Intel Management Engine Driver, it's the only thing that hasn't been officially released by Intel so far for the 9 series chipset. I'm still using the one provided by my motherboard installation disc.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

At this point, Intel® is moving out from the motherboards market therefore the Intel® Management Driver for 9 series motherboard will be provided by the Computer Manufacture.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MGour1
Beginner

Aren't the Management Engine Drivers universally the same for all Z97 chipsets based motherboards? I don't remember them being unique for each motherboard.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Pleco,

The Intel® ME drivers from our side are generic for other hardware manufactures. You can try them but there is a chance it may not work properly.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MGour1
Beginner

Where can I get the generic ME drivers for the Z97 chipset? They aren't listed on the Intel Download section, the closest thing would be NUC drivers which are useless to me.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Pleco,

At this point we have no ME generic drivers for 9 series but I am going to check on this and I will be back with some more information.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have the same motherboard and chip but, I have the latest bios f6 and don't have a problem with incorrect processor frequencies or core counts. I can't however tune the hd4600, the option is just not there. I was wondering if the option was there for you? I don't want to hijack this thread but the op has the specs I need to see if it works.

Since the problem he has I don't have, its probably the newer versions of drivers or ixtu that was needed to fix the problem. I have only had my board and chip for 2 weeks so I never experienced the older software.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK bios f6

Windows 7 64bit Ult.

Thanks!

I want the little blue tune button for the hd4600

0 Kudos
MNegr1
Beginner

I had the same problem with it only showing the Active count as 2 cores when I had 4. But enabling other items in the graph to the left showed all cores were at max freq and utilization during a P95 test. I also went into the bios and disabled Hyper Threading which then lead to XTU showing my Active core count go up to 4 which is correct. So I believe the core count is just a bug to do with having 2 active threads per core.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you for sharing your findings for this matter, Phexlar!!

If any future support is required, please contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos