2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 1:48 PM by spearson

DP67BG board, CPU, or PSU Failure?

Crosfyer

Alright, so I built my own computer a few months ago, and everything ran smoothly from the first time I booted it up to a day ago. I was in the middle of gaming and suddenly, my computer shuts off. It won't start up now, no fans move, nothing onscreen (my monitor actually says no signal), nothing, except the onboard power button (which the led lights up whenever power is reaching it) and LED 2 (Called LED 2 cause that's what's indicated by the LED). LED 2 only lights up when it goes from complete power off (like when I unplug the power cord) to when I press the power button to start it up. The light remains on till I pull the plug again. Because there's power going to my LEDs, I would say there's not a problem with the PSU (I wish it was cause they're cheaper to replace than a mobo or cpu.

I've tried removing all parts, and only using the PSU, CPU, and Mobo, but the same thing happens. LED 2 lights up.

My current build is:

Gigabyte DP67BG Motherboard

Intel i5 3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz

Rosewill 550 W 80 Plus Bronze Hive-550

EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 650 ti Boost

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB kit (4GBx2)

Western Digital 1 TB Hard Drive

2 Asus Internal disk drives

• 1. Re: DP67BG board, CPU, or PSU Failure?
          sylvia_intel

Hello Crosfyer, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your motherboard; however I will be more than happy to assist you on this issue.

First of all, since you already test the system using minimum configuration, I would like to do it again but out of the chassis. Please include the video card since your motherboard does not come with onboard graphics.

Regards.

• 2. Re: DP67BG board, CPU, or PSU Failure?
            spearson

Crosfyer,

This still sounds like a PSU failure to me. Remember that the PSU has separate sections that provide the standby power (which lights the LED) and main power. If there is a failure in the main power section, it is still possible that the standby section could be working (and lighting the LED). I would get another PSU to try (before you buy) and check. As Sylvia has indicated, it is a good practice to do this outside of the chassis so that you limit the variables that come into play...

...Scott

1 of 1 people found this helpful