1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 6:03 PM by DatDinh

Installing mysql on galileo

sunilputtur

Hi there,

I have done with repo configuration now able to run the opkg update command and as well, and also I have packages called mysql5-server and mysql5-client as such.

But now does anyone knows how to  install this packages on galileo and where to transfer these packages is the question.? Kindly help.

Thanks in Advance!

• 1. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
          JPMontero_Intel

If you want to use SQL packages you need to add them to the build recipe before building the image. You can also check this images http://ccc.ntu.edu.tw/index.php/en/news/40, the fifth one include SQLite 3, it might work for what you need.

Regards
          JPMontero_Intel

• 2. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
            AlexT_Intel

We've discussed this initially with sunilputtur via private messages and I've suggested him to look into my repo, where I have packages for MySQL.

sunilputtur, to install those, after you've configured the repo according to the instructions on my site, run "opks install mysql5-server mysql5-client" and it will install the packages. No need to transfer them manually anywhere.

• 3. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
              JPMontero_Intel

Hi sunilputtur

I just wanted to know if you still need help with this or if Alex’s suggestion answered your question. If this is the case remember you can mark his reply as correct or helpful.

Regards
              JPMontero_Intel

• 4. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                sunilputtur

Hi AlexT_Intel,

When I try with the command "opkg install mysql5-server  mysql5-client" going all the way with downloading and installing process, but the error I am facing is- package "uclibc" wants to install file called /lib/libuClibc-0.9.34-git.so . But that file is already provided by the package * libc0. Kindly also find the attached screenshot of the same thing.Untitled.png

• 5. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                  AlexT_Intel

Yeah, that's a known thing - the package in my repo contains one additional executable (ldconfig) and that makes Yocto build system call it differently than in the official image (uclibc vs. libc0).

I've added the note about that to the end of the package repo config instructions and it's also described in this blog post (see step #1 there): http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/blog/installing-development-tools-onto-official-linux-image/

In short - just do "opkg install --force-overwrite uclibc" before installing mysql packages and you should be good. The contents is absolutely the same (less that ldconfig addition) and it's harmless to do this, but as long as packages in the repo are built against "uclibc" and not "libc0", that's a necessary step.

• 6. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                    sunilputtur

Hey I went with the command "opkg install --force-overwrite uclibc" but then also I am facing the same error as there in my previous conversion(screenshot).

• 7. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                      sunilputtur

Hi AlexT_Intel,

I have successfully installed the mysql5-client in root is up to date, what command is there to check weather  mysql5-client is installed?. But in case of mysql5-server I am facing the below error.

"Collected errors:

* opkg_download: Failed to download http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/pkgrepo/i586/mysql5-server_5.1.40-r11_i586.ipk, wget returned 1.

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download mysql5-server. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mysql5-server" .

Can u please do the needfull.

Thanks in Advance.!

• 8. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                        AlexT_Intel

> what command is there to check weather  mysql5-client is installed

"mysql --version"

As for the error - not sure. Does this happen all the time? The package is there for sure.

If that happens all the time, try downloading it directly with wget and show me the output of that. The link for download is shown in your error message.

• 9. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                          sunilputtur

Thanks for so far..!

I have successfully installed mysql in root now it is up to date.! As now I m in mysql directory (mysql>).

Now I  am trying to acquire the file which contains SQL quires with the path where the file is stored. But the error I m facing is below. Can you kindly help in this case.

See the attached image of error.

Untitled.png

• 10. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                            AlexT_Intel

It looks lile you're running mysql command-line client on the Galileo itself, but you're trying to source the file using the Windows path? That'snot going to work, because you're running Linux there.

So you either need to connect to the database on your Galileo from a client program running on your Windows machine to do something like that, or just to copy the sql file in question to the Galileo, say to /tmp and then source it like "source /tmp/mysqlfile.sql"

• 11. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                              sunilputtur

Hi AlextT_intel,

How to install "rsync" on intel galileo. I just followed the link given by Intel_Alvarado but its throwing some error you can just see the attached image for error details.

even though I have edited my opkg.conf file and updated now it is up to date.

Thanks in Advance.!Untitled.png

• 12. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                                AlexT_Intel

Well, that repo they're referring to is apparently not built for Galileo or x86 at all, so it's not going to work. It's like trying to run a program compiled for, say, MIPS on, say, ARM.

Looks like I don't have rsync in my repo at the moment, so you can't just install from there. I'll note to build it, but I won;t be able to do this anytime soon due to other commitments. Maybe in a week or so.

In the meanwhile if you feel up to the task, you can get the devtools image (search for "devtools" in the community), which includes GCC, and try to compile rsync from sources.

Or you can install the dev tools to the official image (see my blog post on that: Installing development tools onto Galileo official Linux image) and try that way. I'd probably recommend the former approach, because you'll get all the tools in a box and won't need topick all teh specific pieces out of the repo.

• 13. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                                  sunilputtur

Thanks for your reply AlexT_Intel, I just entered to your blog post but not able to redirect to the link which contains "devtools" image Download and Unzip it to your SD card. . Can you provide me that link.

• 14. Re: Installing mysql on galileo
                                    sunilputtur

Hi AlexT_Intel,

I just modified my SD card and trying to download the contents from the same repo configuration web site that you have provided, But When I open that site its throwing as follows

"The website has exceeded its monthly bandwidth allowance.

Note to the webmaster: please log in your control panel and raise it, otherwise the website will be available again from the first day of the next month."

and also now not able to download the packages required to install mysql server and mysql client. Is there any other way for it.Kindly help.!

See the attached image for the error.

Untitled.png

1 2 Previous Next