9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2014 10:42 AM by AlexT_Intel

Creating a flash image for the Galileo board error

johnnyxiong

I follow the instruction of Quark_BSP_BuildandSWUserGuide_329687_006.pdf to test charpter 4 and charpter 8.

I build CapsuleApp.efi successfully by charpter 4. But can't generate Flash-missingPDAT.cap by charpter 8.

1. I put Quark_EDKII_v1.0.0, spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0 and sysimage_v1.0.0 int the same directory

2. apt-get install lbssl-dev (if not, the missing .h error will show)

3. modify layout.conf (change image-spi-clanton.cpio.lzma to image-spi-galileo-clanton.cpio.lzma) (did it or not won't affect the result)

4. after ./sysimage/create-symlinks.sh

5. su and ../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/Makefile

6. the message shows:

root@debian:/home/johnny/galileo/tools/sysimage_v1.0.0/sysimage.CP-8M-release# ../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/Makefile

---------------------

| FV_MODULES directory (for recovery stage2) = ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules

---------------------

# Hardcoding all SVNs to zero. TODO collect these from the built assets.

printf '0x0' > ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_RECOVERY_IMAGE1.Fv.SVN

../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/asset-signing-tool/sign -i ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_RECOVERY_IMAGE1.Fv -o ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_RECOVERY_IMAGE1.Fv.signed -k './config/key.pem' -b 0x400 -s "$(cat ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_RECOVERY_IMAGE1.Fv.SVN)" -x '2'

printf '0x0' > ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE1.Fv.SVN

../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/asset-signing-tool/sign -i ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE1.Fv -o ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE1.Fv.signed -k './config/key.pem' -b 0x400 -s "$(cat ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE1.Fv.SVN)" -x '1'

printf '0x0' > ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE2.Fv.SVN

../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/asset-signing-tool/sign -i ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE2.Fv -o ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE2.Fv.signed -k './config/key.pem' -b 0x400 -s "$(cat ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE1_IMAGE2.Fv.SVN)" -x '1'

printf '0x0' > ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE2_COMPACT.Fv.SVN

../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/asset-signing-tool/sign -i ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE2_COMPACT.Fv -o ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE2_COMPACT.Fv.signed -k './config/key.pem' -b 0x400 -s "$(cat ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules/EDKII_BOOT_STAGE2_COMPACT.Fv.SVN)" -x '3'

make: *** No rule to make target `../../meta-clanton/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/images/image-spi-galileo-clanton.cpio.lzma', needed by `../../meta-clanton/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/images/image-spi-galileo-clanton.cpio.lzma.signed'.  Stop.

root@debian:/home/johnny/galileo/tools/sysimage_v1.0.0/sysimage.CP-8M-release# ../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0/Makefile

---------------------

| FV_MODULES directory (for recovery stage2) = ../../Quark_EDKII/Build/QuarkPlatform/PLAIN/RELEASE_GCC/FV/FlashModules

---------------------

../../spi-flash-tools_v1.0.0//generator/generator.py ./layout.conf -M

Found boot_index=0 in section boot_stage1_image1

# When building on NFS with high precision timestamps you

# might see a harmless "clock skew" warning. If that bothers

# you then enable the next line:

# usleep 100000 || sleep 1

---------------------

---------------------

make: *** No rule to make target `../../meta-clanton/yocto_build/tmp/deploy/images/image-spi-clanton.cpio.lzma', needed by `../../meta-clanton/yocto_build/tmp/d

and the Flash-missingPDAT.cap can't build out.

Thank you for any advices!