2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 1:36 AM by ronron

Change IRQ on motherboard BH85DL

ronron

Hello, I bought a motherboard (BH85DL) two months ago and I want to make hardware virtualization. Unfortunately, I shared with my USB and PCI IRQ. There is no conflict but to transfer the PCI to my virtual machine, it should not be shared (Virutalbox (linux) and Xen (linux)).

I installed windows to change the IRQ time but there is no conflict, I can not change: x

How can I change the IRQ of the USB for transferring my PCI in my virtual machine?

• 1. Re: Change IRQ on motherboard BH85DL
          sylvia_intel

Hello Ronron, I would need to inform you that IRQ settings cannot be changed in the system BIO, IRQ's are designated by the operating system.

In the BIOS you may set IRQ priority; however, the operating system will override the BIOS settings and reset the IRQ's.

If you wish to assign the IRQ's manually, we would recommend contacting the Operating System Developer for assistance.

• 2. Re: Change IRQ on motherboard BH85DL
            ronron

Thank you, sylvia for your quick response.

In fact, I do not have a conflict between my video aquisition card and my USB port (they are shared IRQ). I wanted to move the IRQ of my USB port on my motherboard intel card to a number more top 5 or 6. I'm afraid if I move the IRQ of my card aquistion, my software does not work .

The aim here is to virtualize a production unit by the VT-d (hardware virtualization).

I am under linux, you can can I move the USB IRQ? And like to do? : p