Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel graphics driver .3621

MBlow
Beginner

I have recently bout a Sony Vaio Fit 15A touchscreen laptop. I have downloaded the latest intel HD graphics driver but when I install it comes up with the message 'The driver being installed in not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. How do I get around this, as Sony have now left the laptop business?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MMous4
Beginner

Try uninstalling Intel HD Graphics driver in "Add / Remove programs", if this doesnt help or the driver reinstalls itself from some hidden place on your hdd, manually delete the Intel HD Graphics in Device Manager, and let Windows install the Generic VGA driver. Then the intel installer should be able to detect your graphic hardware.

Of course only if this is the issue similar to the one I had half an hour ago on my HP, it is also possible that Sony changed some hardware IDs and vanilla driver wont work then. But It's worth trying.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Repoman1966,

Let me help you with this.

It is important to say this usually occurs because or drivers are generic drivers for OEM systems. It may be necessary to install the driver provided by the Computer Manufacture to solve this but you can try the steps mentioned here:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

Kevin M

0 Kudos