3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2014 1:09 AM by AlexT_Intel

Some Errors for bitbake image-full-galileo

Minyi

Hi All,

I am ready to build a full-featured linux for SD card following  section 6 of “Quark_BSP_BuildandSWUserGuide_329687_006.pdf”. When I input command “ bitbake image-full-galileo ” I got some Errors as below log, Could you tell me how to resolve it? My host PC is running ubuntu-14.04-desktop x64bit .

Apologies if they are basic questions.

root@winstin-2012-Client-Platform:/home/winstin/tmp/meta-clanton_v1.0.0# source poky/oe-init-build-env yocto_build

You had no conf/local.conf file. This configuration file has therefore been

created for you with some default values. You may wish to edit it to use a

different MACHINE (target hardware) or enable parallel build options to take

advantage of multiple cores for example. See the file for more information as

common configuration options are commented.

The Yocto Project has extensive documentation about OE including a reference manual

which can be found at:

http://yoctoproject.org/documentation

For more information about OpenEmbedded see their website:

http://www.openembedded.org/

You had no conf/bblayers.conf file. The configuration file has been created for

you with some default values. To add additional metadata layers into your

configuration please add entries to this file.

The Yocto Project has extensive documentation about OE including a reference manual

which can be found at:

http://yoctoproject.org/documentation

For more information about OpenEmbedded see their website:

http://www.openembedded.org/

### Shell environment set up for builds. ###

You can now run 'bitbake <target>'

Common targets are:

core-image-minimal

core-image-sato

meta-toolchain

meta-toolchain-sdk

adt-installer

meta-ide-support

You can also run generated qemu images with a command like 'runqemu qemux86'

root@winstin-2012-Client-Platform:/home/winstin/tmp/meta-clanton_v1.0.0/yocto_build# bitbake image-full-galileo

Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build

ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.

Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).

Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

Do not use Bitbake as root.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed

root@winstin-2012-Client-Platform:/home/winstin/tmp/meta-clanton_v1.0.0/yocto_build#

Thanks,

Winstin

• 1. Re: Some Errors for bitbake image-full-galileo
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi Winstin

I believe the problem is that you’re using the bitbake under the root user. Maybe you should try by using another user to build the image.

Regards
          JPMontero_Intel

• 2. Re: Some Errors for bitbake image-full-galileo
            cooler1989

I have a "better one", I think it is git related:

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:

fatal: reference is not a tree: 1cffe9f406cc54f4759fc9eeb85598fb8cae66c7

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/m/yocto_build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/x264/r2230+git-r1/temp/log.do_unpack.30869

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing python function do_unpack

| DEBUG: Executing python function base_do_unpack

| DEBUG: Running export PATH="/home/m/poky/scripts:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc:/home/m/

yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/clanton/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sys

roots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux//bin:/home/m

/poky/scripts:/home/m/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/programs/intel/meta-clanton_v1.0.0/poky/scripts:/home/pawelpyszko/programs/inte

l/meta-clanton_v1.0.0/poky/bitbake/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:

/home/pawelpyszko/Programs/arm-2013.11/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/Programs/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/Programs/arm-2013.11/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/P

rograms/bin"; export HOME="/home/pawelpyszko"; git clone -s -n /home/m/yocto_build/downloads/git2/git.videolan.org.x264.git/ /home/m/yoc

to_build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/x264/r2230+git-r1/git/

| DEBUG: Running export PATH="/home/m/poky/scripts:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux-uclibc:/home/m/

yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/clanton/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sys

roots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/m/yocto_build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux//bin:/home/m

/poky/scripts:/home/m/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/programs/intel/meta-clanton_v1.0.0/poky/scripts:/home/pawelpyszko/programs/inte

l/meta-clanton_v1.0.0/poky/bitbake/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:

/home/pawelpyszko/Programs/arm-2013.11/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/Programs/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/Programs/arm-2013.11/bin:/home/pawelpyszko/P

rograms/bin"; export HOME="/home/pawelpyszko"; git checkout 1cffe9f406cc54f4759fc9eeb85598fb8cae66c7

| DEBUG: Python function base_do_unpack finished

| DEBUG: Python function do_unpack finished

| ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:

| fatal: reference is not a tree: 1cffe9f406cc54f4759fc9eeb85598fb8cae66c7

|

NOTE: recipe x264-r2230+git-r1: task do_unpack: Failed

ERROR: Task 2218 (/home/m/meta-oe/meta-oe/recipes-multimedia/x264/x264_git.bb, do_unpack) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: recipe python-pyrex-native-0.9.9-r3: task do_unpack: Started

NOTE: recipe python-pyrex-native-0.9.9-r3: task do_unpack: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe shadow-securetty-4.1.4.3-r2: task do_fetch: Started

NOTE: recipe shadow-securetty-4.1.4.3-r2: task do_fetch: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe uclibc-0.9.33+gitAUTOINC+946799cd0ce0c6c803c9cb173a84f4d607bde350-r8.4: task do_compile: Started

NOTE: recipe bluez4-4.101-r5: task do_patch: Started

NOTE: recipe python-pygobject-native-2.27.91-r6: task do_unpack: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe bluez4-4.101-r5: task do_patch: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe dbus-native-1.6.8-r6.0: task do_compile: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe icu-native-50.1.2-r0: task do_compile: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe python-native-2.7.3-r0.1: task do_compile: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe gettext-native-0.18.2-r0: task do_configure: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe uclibc-0.9.33+gitAUTOINC+946799cd0ce0c6c803c9cb173a84f4d607bde350-r8.4: task do_compile: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe gnutls-native-2.12.23-r8.4: task do_configure: Succeeded

NOTE: recipe linux-yocto-clanton-3.8-r0: task do_fetch: Succeeded

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 918 tasks of which 226 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/m/meta-oe/meta-oe/recipes-multimedia/x264/x264_git.bb, do_unpack

Summary: There were 6 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

This is of course related to bitbake image-full-galileo BSP build.

• 3. Re: Some Errors for bitbake image-full-galileo
              AlexT_Intel

cooler1989, x264-related one is a known problem. Repo maintainers have restructured the source code and commit tree, so the reference contained in the recipe is failing.

See this post for a fix: Re: Yocto Clanton full: Build error for x264 package

Minyi, ditto JPMontero_Intel's comment + it looks like you haven't run the setup.sh file after unpacking the meta-clanton*.tar.gz file (or that may be a side effect of running under root). Have you run it?