1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2014 3:09 AM by AlexT_Intel

Cross-compile c programs

rok00

Hello,

I'm new to Galileo, I'm trying to cross-compile a simple HelloWorld using this guide:

http://snipurl.com/290xd68

I did all is listed in chapter 3-A, but it doesn't works... When I try to execute helloworld-quark-gcc I get:

-sh: ./helloworld-quark-gcc: No such file or directory

If I run "file helloworld-quark-gcc" I get:

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), BuildID[sha1]=1e38d89e0af55e1d3f8770c13bc835326fe41686, not stripped

I don't get any error cross-compiling on my computer (ubuntu 14.04 64 bit). On Galileo I've installed the image n.8 from Intel-NTU Connected Context Computing Center

where am I wrong?

Than You

• 1. Re: Cross-compile c programs
          AlexT_Intel

The image you've installed seems to use the eglibc, while the Arduino IDE's toolchain links against uclibc, that may be the reason of your troubles. Try running it on an official SD card image (which uses uclibc), you can download it here: Galileo Software Downloads

Or, by the way, you can simply boot off of the SPI (i.e. without SD card) - SPI image uses uclibc and is good for testing. It won't preserve your test program (because it's all in memory when booting from SPI), but if it works, then you can use the official SD card image for further work.