Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Wireless keeps going as limited (intel centrino wireless-n 2230)

kalha
Beginner

Hi , i bought a new hp laptop ( http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_product=6545667&h_client=S-A-r163-3&h_lang=en&h_cc=emea_middle_east&h_pagetype=s-001&ssf=1 HP ENVY 15-j002ex Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) )

and the intel centrino wireless-n 2230 keeps appearing as limited every few mins i cant enjoy the internet or play an online games.

the problem seems to reslove if i restart the wireless driver but after random timing usually half an hour the connection goes limited again

i downloaded all the latest drivers from hp and intel and updated windows to windows 8.1 and tried various suggestions on the Intel forums but nothing fixed the problem

help me plz

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kalha
Beginner

btw when i hit troubleshoot problems if restarts my wireless driver and says the default getaway is not available and it works again for few mins then limited connections appears.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Khalid2882,

I would like you to try the steps below. There are some possible causes for Limited Connectivity; hopefully these suggestions will help you:

1. The modem and router may need to be restarted, or do not have the IP address set up correctly, or the modem is not transmitting internet connection from the provider. This can be discarded if other computers are connected without this issue:
  2. The wireless security/encryption type was setup incorrectly.
  3. A firewall, antivirus or other security software is interfering. The best option is a complete uninstall of the program.
  4. TCP/IP stack needs to be reset.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

Flush and reset a client resolver cache using the ipconfig command: Domain Name System(DNS)

0 Kudos