Hello IceDarkness, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your system when trying to use a 2nd monitor.
My suggestions will be:
- Check if you are using the latest Intel Graphics available version 3621. Download Center
- Have you tried using only the TV? Are you getting video when using it as a single display?
- You can try doing a firmware update on the TV. Also you can check if there are drivers that need to be installed.
- Then, if the behavior persisted it could by a compatibility issue between the TV and the computer.
- Try checking with ASUS if they have tried a similar component.
Yeah, I'm using the latest intel drivers.
Yeah, I tried that too. It won't display anything on the TV.
My TV doesn't have firmware that you can update.
My computer does recognize my TV when it's connected which indicates something is going wrong with the signal getting to the TV. I still think it's some kind of driver issue.
We have OEM systems which are using the latest graphics drivers and we are not experiencing this behavior.
I would recommend you testing the TV with another HDMI cable.
Check with Asus if there is something that needs to be enable on BIOS, or may be a BIOS updated is needed.
There could be a possibility that your HDMI port is defective, and you would need to replace the motherboard.