5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2014 4:55 PM by Slim_Jim

D54250WYKH - WiDi disconnects immediately after connecting

Slim_Jim

I'm using an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth adapter and I have the latest bios and the latest drivers installed under Windows 8.1 64-bit, so everything is up to date, but when I trying to connect to my LG Smart TV, which has the latest firmware and supports WiDi, then right after connecting to the TV, the screen goes black for a second, then the NUC immediately disconnects.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, I tried it with 2.4GHz and 5GHz too, and I tried to place everything next to each other, but it's the same every time and it only happens with the NUC, because my other computer can connect to my TV and WiDi is working fine with it, so the problem is only with the NUC, but I can't solve it.

• 1. Re: D54250WYKH - WiDi disconnects immediately after connecting
          sushimonster

Quite curious to know if your Wifi works (properly) as well?
          That is, when you connect your NUC to the net does it maintain a stable connection (by that I mean, remaining connected and the speeds you get remain constant / consistent)?

That and, what driver did you install? There are two setup files for the 7260AC (one is just the driver, the other which comes bundled with the ProWireless software).

I ask as I too have issues with this card. Haven't tried the WiDi setup yet, but my Wifi is sporatic at best. Will be uninstalling and reinstalling the alternative driver tonight and will update (installed the ProWireless variant of the driver). And to note, I have a W7 x64 setup on my D54250WYKH

• 2. Re: D54250WYKH - WiDi disconnects immediately after connecting
            Slim_Jim

I tried the software with included drivers and with the drivers only too, but as I said, the problem is always there.

My wifi connection is okay and I have no problem with it, but the bluetooth is another thing, because I use a bluetooth mouse and the pointer stops at random times for 5-10-20 seconds, but I will open a new discussion for that problem and keep this only for the WiDi issue.

• 3. Re: D54250WYKH - WiDi disconnects immediately after connecting
              sushimonster

Tried the driver-only 17.0.3 and that didn't work. After quite a bit of time researching I read that driver versions 17.0.0 work fine (and these come with WiDi drivers too, like the 17.0.3).

And that seems to have fixed my wifi issues. Not curretly home with my NUC so unable to try out WiDi anytime soon. But maybe you could try using the 17.0.0 driver as well. Just make sure you uninstall the previous driver THEN restart / reboot the machine before installing the new (17.0.0) driver. Will minimize risks of random driver conflicts.

I installed the ProWireless version of 17.0.0 (not the driver-only setup).

EDIT - Not yet properly played around with bluetooth yet; here's hoping that doesn't cause a headache like the Wifi drivers did...

• 4. Re: D54250WYKH - WiDi disconnects immediately after connecting
                Slim_Jim

As I don't have that kind of wifi issue, it would not solve my problem, but previously I tried the older drivers without success.

• 5. Re: D54250WYKH - WiDi disconnects immediately after connecting
                  Slim_Jim

I solved the problem somehow when I completely removed the graphics driver and installed the oldest one, then I installed the latest without removing the previously installed driver, now the NUC can connect to the TV.

The audio is out of sync, so more adjustment is needed, but at least it works.